[DCN-TechOps] wheel reboot

Dave Zavatson zavatson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:02:31 PDT 2009

I rebooted wheel 0030 HRS on Friday, 3/27/2009 to fix some lingering
mail delivery problems.  Throughout the day, mail delivery from mx
would slow to a crawl.  Restarting sendmail would fix things for a
little while only for the slowness to reoccur.  I'll keep an eye on it
for a little while to see that things are working properly.

There are sporadic reports of people not being able to download mail.
This is likely due to corrupt mailboxes.  I ran a script now to
identify corrupt mailboxes.

The following mailboxes were corrupt.  I fixed them.

catoft is corrupt
jas is corrupt
nina is corrupt
pcmankey is corrupt